Product Development Breakfast Club
November 10th, 2010
Topic: "Portfolio Organizing: How to organize projects into portfolios/programs”
Types of buckets
What is the difference between a portfolio and program?
How about product families?
What is the best way to organize the projects into suitable "buckets"?
- PD Breakfast Club is a monthly forum for discussing product innovation, development, and commercialization topics in an informal atmosphere. Learn, Share, and Network. The attendees don't have to be "members" and there is no attendance fees.
- Each month we will discuss one or two topics - examples:
- Product development focus: idea generation strategies, requirement gathering, requirement processing, product development process, prototyping, launch challenges, quality, design verification and validation, portfolio management, supply chain, etc..
- Industry focus: What are the trends in some industries such as automotive, energy, orthopedics, medical equipment, how do these trends affect us locally
- Date: Second Wednesday of each month
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30a.m.
- Location: IHOP #5465. 1535 W Washington Center Rd (intersection of Lima Rd and Washington Center Rd)
FORT WAYNE, IN 46825-4144
- Cost: Free. Just pay for your own meal/drinks.
- Watch video below - It is also published on youtube and TQM – Thanks to Craig.
- August 2009: Measuring performance of product development
- September 2009: Supplier development – techniques and challenges
- October 2009: Software Development challenges (including embedded software)
- November topic: Voice of the Customer: Its importance within NPD, techniques, and best practices.
- December 2009: User Needs documentation
- January 2010: "Human Centered Design Process" used by Stanford Design School and IDEO - Moderator: Craig Crook
- February 2010: Voice of the Customer
- March 2010: Innovation, Innovation Centers, and Incubators
- April 2010: Measuring Project performance/metrics/quality
- May 2010: Portfolio/Program Management – Ideas, Products, and Research
- June 2010: Customer Development Process - Moderator: Steve Franks
- July 2010: How do you cancel / stop / delay projects (portfolio management)
- August 2010: How to stop projects / balance the portfolio
- September 2010: Resources planning and tracking in Product Development
- October 2010: Portfolio Balancing: Selecting, Stopping, and Slowing-down Projects
- Moderator: Colin Macqueen